Pembrokeshire Online is a community blog for the county starting from 1st January 2018 and is not linked to any other publication either online or in print.
Pembrokeshire Online is a community interest company run to benefit the county of Pembrokeshire. We are linked to the International Centre for Community Journalism at Cardiff University and have a National Union of Journalism accredited member on the team. Our content forms part of the National Archive in the Wales National Library.
Our Community Interest Company registration number at Companies House, Wales is 11282947.
If you would like to get involved please get in touch below:-
Half year Report: January – June 2018
Our online magazine was launched on 1st January 2018 and we have posted a new blog feature every day since! Currently we have copy ready to go live for one month ahead and a wide selection of work in progress.
Our four themes are:-
- Community Life
- Curiosity, Imagination and Wonder – arts and culture
- Pembrokeshire at Work
- Nature and Environment
+ for 2018 The Year of the Sea , linking into Wales-wide focus for Visit Wales. For 2019 we will feature the Year of Discovery.
We have built up a gradually increasing feed on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Three articles have been included in the 2018 Pembrokeshire Tourism brochure.
Future plans to consider:-
- Volunteering Wales – we now have opportunities advertised on this site for contributors and other roles. Existing team members can now logon to this site and count the hours they contribute – this may be of personal benefit, but will also help us when we apply for funding so please consider doing this . Suzanne can advise/set up for you.
- Mentoring opportunities
- Subsriptions/ membership/newsletters
- Involvement in building communities, reducing isolation and bringing different age groups together
- Publication of series/groups of features
- Inclusion of video/podcast/ music
- Development of an App
- Sales page
- Picture gallery with images for sale
Registered with Companies House Wales as a Community Interest Company we have two directors and are seeking more. Expressions of interest in becoming a Director can be made by emailing email@example.com.
From 1 July 2018 Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance cover has transferred to Markel Direct, who have been able to offer insurance specifically for CICs and for online journalism. Contributor contracts are on the website for anyone to view and all work published must not have been used elsewhere. All our features are copyright protected digitally and all work is credited to the writer/photographer. Some of the artists we have featured are happy for us to use their images, which are credited to them and linked to their websites.
The editor, Suzanne, is an NUJ member and we are linked to the International Centre for Community Journalism at Cardiff University, using their web theme. Our content is archived in the National Library for Wales.
CIC Director and Features Writer: Kitty Parsons
CIC Secretary and Editor: Suzanne Ashworth
Music & Gigs Correspondent: Clive Ousley
Gardening Correspondent: Jim Saul
Wildlife Correspondent: David Gardner
Photography: Ieuan Morris (Ianto Mor) & Louis Okwedy
Travel: Nigel Summerley
Climbing: Stu McInnes
Poetry: Marc Mordey
Well-being: Sarah Wint
Art: Richard Blacklaw-Jones
Events : David Jones
LINKED COMPANIES / regular submissions
Pembrokeshire Moments – Rachel Mullett
Falcon Boats – Ffion Rees
Lifeseeker – Sally Boyton
Paul Sartori Foundation
Picton Castle Trust
HOW CAN YOU HELP??
- TELL EVERYONE
- LIKE AND SHARE POSTS
- MAKE SUGGESTIONS
- KEEP IN TOUCH! FEATURES ON THIS MAGAZINE ARE ALWAYS LIVE AND DO NOT DISAPPEAR SO YOU CAN SEND US UPDATES AND WE WILL KEEP YOUR FEATURE CURRENT OR CREATE NEW ONES. As google is getting to know us more and more people are finding Pembrokeshire Online and we get feedback about all features e.g. last comment online was about a feature that went out in January!
All ideas, suggestions and views are very welcome – this is your online community…
Get in touch –firstname.lastname@example.org