Recent features

Author: Kitty Parsons

In love with the sea, gifted with an almost superhuman ability to bring chaos into order. Mostly tired and often to be found hibernating through the winter on the sofa, and bobbing about in the ocean in summer.

The People's Orchard

Apples and Bees.

The People’s Orchard. I am probably revealing my ignorance here, but until I met Nia Siggins and Sophie Jenkins from the Big Lottery Funded People’s Orchard, I had no idea that there are solitary bees. What’s more they are better pollinators than the bees that live in colonies, because they are messy. They dive in, get […]

Read More
Theatr Gwaun, Fishguard

Theatr Gwaun:Then and Now: 2019.

Theatr Gwaun in Fishguard is a real gift to the people of North Pembrokeshire. But this interesting old building has had many incarnations since the land was first donated by local land owner John James. According to Paul Williams who has been working at the Theatre since 2001, the theatre started life as a Temperance […]

Read More
Fireworks

Celebrate our Award For All.

Would you mind very much if we tell you our latest news? We hope you will join us in celebrating a whole year of Pembrokeshire Online and our very first award. Yes, we have been given a pot of money from the National Lottery, Awards For All. Many of you will know that Pembrokeshire Online […]

Read More
escape your chains

Escape Your Chains.

with Sarah Sims Williams Communication has been a very important consideration for Sarah Sims Williams for the last couple of decades. Originally from West Sussex and spending much of her life in Devon and Wales, she remembers feeling that it was difficult to express who she really felt herself to be from a young age. […]

Read More
little girl

Seaview Stories.

A Winters Tale:  In which we find out the secret of Penelope’s heart and some little people find their way to turn  both Monty and Ruby’s lives upside down.   It was Penelope who first noticed that ‘Sea Mist’ was occupied. It was a bitterly cold December day. Not at all the kind of weather […]

Read More
Get the boys a Lift

Get The Boys A Lift.

I meet Gareth Owens at what is becoming the headquarters of  Get The Boys a Lift in Haverfordwest. It is a hive of activity with people coming and going, carrying large pieces of timber and rolls of carpet. The sound of drilling and sawing accompany our chat. “We have created a monster.” Gareth laughs, gesturing […]

Read More
Lovers in moonlight

Dwynwen, the Princess of Lovers.

The Welsh Valentine. There’s not much to tell really of my early life. Certainly no one could have predicted what would happen. Princess I was, but one among 24 daughters. In our busy household no one would have said I stood out. Not the prettiest , not the cleverest, not  by a long way. Certainly […]

Read More

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS WEEK.

COMMIT RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS AND SENSELESS ACTS OF BEAUTY. Ever get tired of the apparently relentless tide of bad news? Sick of that ugly feeling that you are helpless in the face of the miseries of the world? Wish you could do something to make the world a better place? Read on dear friend …read on. […]

Read More
teeangers on laptops

Mentoring at POINT

Pembrokeshire Online CIC has been delighted to write about Point before, because the organisation has done sterling work with young people up to the age of 25 in the north of Pembrokeshire since 2001. Not least of their many projects is their Mentoring programme, which is entering the third year of its three-year run. […]

Read More
aquarium

Keeping Fish with Dale Humphrey.

My first interview of 2019 with Dale Humphrey was a delight. That man loves his fish and his passion is infectious. Hailing originally from the Valleys, he jokes that Pembrokeshire is Lanzarote for Valley people and only had one moment of concern when first moving here a couple of years ago. “The silence on our […]

Read More