Latest features

Author: Kitty Parsons

In love with the sea, gifted with an almost superhuman ability to bring chaos into order. Mostly tired and often to be found hibernating through the winter on the sofa, and bobbing about in the ocean in summer.
Dove

Quakers.

January 14, 2019

More a way of life than a religion. Born out of the unrest and persecution of the English civil war 400 hundred years ago, Quakers, has a lengthy history of radical thinking and social change. Led by their founder George Fox, and initially rooted in Christian tradition , they challenged the thinking of the time […]

Read More
beach at West Angle

Turning Tide – a story from Pembrokeshire.

January 6, 2019

Welcome to one of many tales from Pembrokeshire writers – Kitty Parsons. Eleanor cradles Thomas in her arms again while he weeps. She reminds him, her eyes closed against the darkens that threatens to engulf them both, of the long hot days in Egypt. “Remember”, she whispers , feeling the salt of his tears trickle […]

Read More
Emanuel not impressed

Living with Cats.

January 3, 2019

It was August 2017 when I set off for the animal rescue centre and came away with Emmanuel. I had intended to bring home a kitten or two, but you know cats. Emmanuel, enormous , jet black, with golden eyes , just stole our hearts. In a room full of prowling moggies, one of whom […]

Read More
joining pieces

Need a hand?

January 2, 2019

Have you ever heard of Direct Payments (DP’s)? Chances are,unless you are a disabled person or the carer of a disabled child or adult, the answer to that will be no. So, to enlighten those not in the know, Direct Payments are health and social care payments for people who have been assessed as needing […]

Read More
girl

Seaview Stories: Chapter 6.

December 20, 2018

“There is something not quite right at DunNuffin’,” the Major’s wife informed her husband over gin on the terrace that Friday evening. The Major tried to bury his nose further into Nigella Lawson and her hot fudge sauce. “Something wrong you say, dear,” he muttered absently, relishing the thought of all that abundant sweetness, preferring […]

Read More
hawk-totem

The Magical work of Jenny Hawkyard.

December 19, 2018

I was drawn to Jenny Hawkyard’s stall at the recent Pembrokeshire Wellbeing event in Haverfordwest, because of the distinctive jewel bright images she had for sale as cards and prints. I was keen to know where she lives and works. “I am right on the border of Pembrokeshire, “ she told me, “living and working […]

Read More
Blue Lagoon

A Year in the Life of an Online Magazine.

December 17, 2018

When we decided to launch Pembrokeshire Online Community Interest Company, Suzanne and I were clear about our intentions for the magazine. Both of us love this county of Pembrokeshire and wanted to share in words and pictures many of its delights. While she focussed largely on the beauty and wonder of Pembrokeshire’s nature and environment, […]

Read More
listening

Can you hear me?

December 16, 2018

Over a number of years in my fifties, I found I was avoiding some social situations more and more. It wasn’t that I was deaf exactly. I could hear, but people had stopped making much sense if there was any background noise. Understanding dialogue in T.V and films was a bit hit or miss and […]

Read More
office

Seaview Stories: Chapter 5.

December 14, 2018

Chapter 5, in which Nemphnett and Thrubwell fail to meet expectations but manage to deliver a devastating  piece of news. Could this be the end of the road  for  Ruby and Monty?   Monty had imagined the offices of ‘Nemphnett & Thrubwell’ -Tenby Solicitors – with some excitement. He had pictured an ancient crumbling building […]

Read More
Jay's Pyjama Drama

Pyjama Drama with Jay Jay.

December 5, 2018

It’s not difficult to see why Jay Hilalen is such a success with her business, Pyjama Drama. Kids love working with her so much that they go right the way through the programme from babies to 7 year olds. Their siblings, as they are born, get caught up too. Jay is bright and friendly and […]

Read More
%d bloggers like this: