Our first priority is to protect you and any children you have. If the situation is an emergency, an officer will attend and, if proportionate, necessary and lawful to do so, arrest the perpetrator, and take action to protect you from further harm – giving you time to think.

Report it

If you’re a victim of domestic abuse or know someone who is, and there’s an emergency that’s ongoing or life is in danger, call 999 now. If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

Other ways to report:

  • online
  • by calling 101 (If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use our textphone service on 18001 101)
  • in the safety of your local police station (if you require a translator, we can provide someone initially by phone and later in person)

There is a police station finder on https://www.dyfed-powys.police.uk/advice.

How we can help straight away

Our officers will make sure that you’re dealt with respectfully and spoken to away from the person responsible for the abuse. If you’ve been physically injured, it’s important that your injuries are examined by a doctor. We’ll arrange medical care if necessary.

Staying in touch

We’ll stay in contact with you and see you through the whole investigation. Our aim is to contact you within 24 hours of you reporting the offence to let you know what’s happening.

In many cases, victims of domestic abuse require temporary or longer-term housing alternatives. It may be that you need an injunction to prevent the perpetrator approaching you, or perhaps need counselling or support.

We work alongside highly trained non-police advisers who can assist with aftercare for you and your family.

If you need to attend court, there are support services available so that you don’t feel overwhelmed or alienated by the legal process.

Applying for a court order (injunction)

If you’ve been the victim of domestic abuse, you can also apply for an injunction to protect you or your child from being harmed or threatened (a ‘non-molestation order’) or an injunction to decide who can live in the family home (an ‘occupation order’).

The person named in the court order can be arrested if they break it.